Monday, August 24, 2015

Ho hum.

I've often complained about the standard of singleton in my catchment area on the various dating sites and tools. It's true. Even the cute and/or interesting ones can ruin their profiles by making declarations that they're not interested in hookups or one night stands. It's the cynicism and negativity that really puts me off. On both PoF and Tinder, it's also not unusual to see the same people crop up time and again. "I'm back again!"

On Tinder it's more difficult to restart your profile, but I seem to see the same faces crop up again and again. Sometimes, it's so often, I don't know if these people are recycling their profiles every few days or if there's a bug in the software.

A few days ago, I matched on Tinder with a really cute girl. I'd seen her before. In fact, I'd pointed her out to USHW well over a year ago as someone that I though wasn't just cute, but was my type. No, not type. That's not right. It's how she looks, I think. She's cute - there are elements of Elizabeth Banks in there... probably some E as well and dare I say a touch of one of CB's sisters? I'd swiped right on her before - at least twice, if memory serves, with no result.

This time it was different. She had also swiped right. I didn't send any messages immediately. In fact, I wasn't on Tinder for the rest of the weekend after that, but when I went to sent an ice breaker earlier this evening, she was missing from my list. She has either closed/recycled her account or she's unmatched us.

It's kinda disappointing. While I know very little about her, she was very cute, and we have one mutual friend in CC and there's a level of attraction there that's been absent since CB. There are issues though. She appears to live at least 40 km away, which could have made life difficult. The real problem was that she has kids. I don't want kids, I never have... and I don't want to have to worry about anyone else's either. That's never an issue for a hookup or something casual, but it is a potential deal breaker when looking for something permanent or long-term.

Saying that, I was prepared to try an initiate a chat anyway, just to see where things could go.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...