Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Weekend digest.

The weekend was eventful. Between the concert (my main reason for being in London) being cancelled to a last minute scramble to meet up with some friends who I'd not been able to fit in (i.e. A). My time with USHW and G was as good as I'd expected it to be, if maybe a little drunker by the time G and I parted ways on Thursday evening. Lots of chat, serious and light-hearted. I was glad to hit the hay on Thursday evening - it was a long day and I seemed to be non-stop running around from first thing in the morning until after 11 PM.

Friday didn't get off to a good start - the building site beside my hotel seemed to start up around 7 AM. Thanks London! I managed to doze off and on before checking out around 11 AM. It was a nice day, so I opted for overground exploration versus underground speediness. I rocked up to my pre-arranged meeting spot with A about half an hour early, only to shortly thereafter get a Facebook message admitting that she may have to cancel do to a work-related emergency I decided to go exploring again while we swapped further messages until A sent the inevitable definitive cancellation.

I sent another message. I was going to exploring for another few hours. If she managed to find twenty minutes to herself, we could maybe meet for a coffee.

Sadly, by the time mid-afternoon came around, I'd heard no further word from A. My feet were aching from all the exploring (a subsequent search when I got home indicated I'd walked over 13 km) and I was due to meet up with FP and his wife.

We were stuck for something to do after the gig cancellation, but had decided we'd still head out rather than sit in the hotel. But it seems our respective travels were too much for us. We managed a quick bite to eat in Leicester Square followed by a couple of drinks in a nearby pub before calling it quits at midnight and getting the Tube back to the hotel.

Another sleepless night on Friday due to FP having insomnia and insisting on watching the TV. Saturday was relatively uneventful apart from FP and his wife having a falling out, but I arrived back in the house exhausted. My brother-in-law was on the phone almost immediately, demanding I went to his house for beer. I couldn't. I simply couldn't keep my eyes open that long.

Suffice to say, it was an early night.

It might not have been an earth-shatteringly exciting weekend, but I really enjoyed catching up with G and USHW in person. Missing out on meeting A was disappointing, but after feeling really drained over the past few weeks, I actually feel better for the (brief) change of pace and scenery.

1 comment:

USHW said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about A having to cancel, but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better for having gotten some time out. I really enjoyed catching up too :)

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...