Sunday, October 02, 2005

Still here (barely)

Well, unsurprisingly, I've had no response from V. I'm a bit annoyed at that as she was very insistent that we maintained contact. Ah well. It's her loss.

This week's been quite busy. On Thursday I met with MA2 and AM for a meal and to catch up, which was excellent. I haven't seen them in months. We had a good chat over a couple of hours and hopefully, we'll see each other again sooner rather than later.

My sister moved house this weekend from literally 30 seconds around the corner to a few miles up the road. The work I did helping them shift was probably the hardest two days of physical labour I've ever done in my like (all of my jobs have been mostly admin or I.T. related, so physical labour isn't something I've done a lot of). I'm still feeling the after effects of three days of shifting lots of boxes and stuff around.

The girl who bought my sister's house was lovely and she had a cracking set of friends. I tried to have a conversation with them while we we moving, but it's hard to start a conversation when you're shifting heavy furniture around and only passing reach other in the hallway. It's a shame though, they seemed nice and it would have been nice to see if anything had developed - I had the strangest feeling that something could have with one of them. It's frustrating when that happens.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...