Thursday, July 28, 2016

A burst of energy.

Off the back of my recent conversation with FP about online dating and a burst of optimistic energy, I revisited some of my dormant accounts. Well, all of them apart from Match.com.

I am now active (as of this week) on:

  • Tinder
  • Once
  • eHarmony
  • Badoo
  • Bumble
  • OKCupid
  • Happn
  • Plenty of Fish
As I've explained previously, I live in a small catchment area, so all of these apps and sites are full of the same people. Trying to catch the attention of the cute and interesting people is as difficult in one app as it is in another. The worrying thing for me, and has been for a while, is that there are not a lot of people who excite me in the online dating world, and those who do pretty much never get in contact.

The one recent anomaly to that was Attractive Neighbour. We swapped messages, she was really pleasant to talk to (online dating would be much more appealing if everyone behaved like AN, in my opinion), but ultimately, she wasn't interested in maintaining social contact. She popped up in another dating app today, looking as stunning as ever.

If you're reading this, AN, try using a few more candid shots. The professionally taken ones are lovely, but you're stunning looking when you're casual too.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...