Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weird

Out of the blue, last night in the pub, a girl from work turned to me and asked "Was I talking to you last week about RB?"

Gobsmacked.

I knew this girl was a friend of RB's but I never expected her to actually talk to me about it.

Suffice to say that RB is travelling the world and is not as happy doing so as she had expected. This is not unexpected. I had suspected that she wasn't about any longer... I don't see her name mentioned in any of the recruitment websites, so assumed she had at least moved jobs. I had suggested as much to her last year when we were chatting on our date. That's about the extent of the RB-related conversation though.

Still, for some reason, this has completely side-swiped me, so much so that I ended up telling a mate's girlfriend about RB and my frustration. I barely know this girl, so for me to open up on such a personal matter is quite weird for me. I guess I needed to talk to someone about it and she was there and asking questions, so I opened up.

I'm feeling a little bit "meh" right now and I'm annoyed at myself for it.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...