Monday, June 08, 2009

Things to consider

I bumped into the blonde girl today, during work. Remembering USHW's oft quoted advice of actually talking to females, I stopped her for a chat, specifically about her weekend and birthday. She mentioned that she'd had a good night with a few "emotional" bumps along the way (alcohol induced by the sounds of it). She asked how old I was. I didn't answer but asked her how old she thought I was. Her reply was that she thought I was about the same age as myself. I was going to asnwer truthfully, but I made a vague comment about something or other and left it at that.

On the way back to my desk, I saw her in the lift. We caught each other's eye and I shouted my true age to her, with sounds of disbelief coming just as the door closed.

I still think there's a spark of interest there, but I'm as unsure of my own feelings as I am about hers. Then there's the age thing. She's nine years younger than me. Personally, I don't find that an issue, at least not right now, but it could have a huge influence on her.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...