Thursday, November 02, 2006

I feel weird posting this.

There’s something that’s been bothering me lately, but I’m not sure about venting because I do feel kinda guilty/immature that it’s even an issue. I might as well vent though. My nephew is just over two years old and he’s adorable. I love him to bits and he seems to adore me. However, seeing as I still (sadly) still live with my parents, who do a lot of babysitting, there are problems that arise. Firstly, my parents are very self-centric. While the house is theirs, they don’t seem to be able to grasp some basic fundamental manners, specifically with keeping doors closed. This might sound like a peculiar rant, but as I live in a converted attic, I have no door to my room, only an open staircase. I’m aware of everything that goes on in the house because the noises travel up the stairwell. My parents are getting on and are going slightly deaf, as you might expect, but the increase in volume around the house (television, phone calls, raised conversations etc) isn’t helped by the tendency not to close any doors in the house. The dishwasher is put on last thing at night, but the kitchen door is not closed, so the sound travels throughout the house. In the morning, when the dishwasher is unloaded, the same thing applies because the door isn’t closed so there’s a clattering of plates and cutlery being taken out of the dishwasher and put into the drawers and cupboard.

What does that kind of thing have to do with my nephew? Well, I’ve raised the subject of the doors and sound with the parents before, but it’s continually an issue. Get the nephew into the house, though, and all of a sudden doors are closed, voices are lowered and efforts are made to accommodate another person in the house when he's having his nap or if he's staying over.

Additionally, the door thing is an issue when it comes to smells. For some reason, my mother starts cooking our dinner at 8 am. There’s nothing more sickening than being awoken to the smell (and noise) of frying meat or some kind of curry/pasta sauce. The smell gets everywhere. My father has a hard time remembering to close the door to the bathroom after use, but enough about that. Ew.

It’s. Really. Fucking. Annoying.

I can’t wait until I finally get enough cash together to buy my own place.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...