Saturday, February 18, 2012

Old friends.

I'm feeling a bit 'meh' today. I was out last night with a crowd of people from school for a birthday and I had a great time. I always do with the guys and girls involved, but I kinda realised that I am starting to lose touch with some of them, one guy in particular. This is disappointing because I like to think that I keep in touch with people who are important to me, but it seems that I am not as good at this as I first thought, so I'm going to have to make more effort there.

Perhaps it's only natural to grow apart after more than twenty years of friendship (and hundreds of miles between us physically), but while I have been happy to let others slip away, some I want to keep close, and these guys definitely fall into that category. It's not just me, though. There have been times over the past six years or so when I feel that I am only on the fringe of things - invited as an after-thought to various trips away etc. and while I think part of that is because I'm not in contact as much as I should be, the same applies to the guys, too.

As an aside, when out and about, I saw Date No. 1 in one of the bars we were in. I don't know know if she saw me as she was literally only in and out again, but it would have been funny if she had, seeing as she had been on dates with both myself and M (I can't remember if I even mentioned this part on Baby Needs... and, yes, we have compared notes and found that we both had very similar experiences and opinions of her).

Oh, and during a quick Facebook chat with MM, we've tentatively arranged a night out that I hope will mean MMBF will come along (it should as she was the reason the conversation started in the first place). While I didn't outright admit to attraction to MMBF, it was certainly implied, so I hope that MM took the hint.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...