Sunday, October 09, 2011

The waiting game.

All last week, I had been looking forward to M's wedding. It's been ages since I was at a full wedding and I was anticipating seeing some old school friends as well as two of M's fiancé's friends (M's fiancé will be known as MM from now on). After talking to a few friends like DSC, I had plans to investigate whether MM's friends (they've been mentioned before in posts, this one being the most recent - a blonde and a brunette) were showing any interest. There's a little chemistry with both of them, but not enough to be able to say with any certainty that any approach would be welcome.

So, cue the wedding. A great day was had by all, but the goals of having a good chat with either of these ladies fell somewhat short of the mark. I had a brief, 15 minute, chat with the blonde (SBF) during the afternoon and she was as stunning as I remember, but she left early and before I was in any position to take the conversation further (i.e. before I hit just the right stage of drunkenness where I get the confidence to approach people). Later in the evening, towards the end of the night, I did get a chance to chat with the brunette. It was well after 11 PM before I got a chance to talk to her for the first time, and between then and the end of the night, we must have chatted a few more times. I caught her at the end of the night and made sure she got into a taxi OK (I did try to get her to stay longer to no avail), before I joined the others in the residents' bar. I'm not 100% sure that there's anything there... but I've laid some groundwork. I probably won't see her until M and MM return from their honeymoon, but even then, I've made some suggestions to M that the brunette is a catch. I've dropped a few hints with MM too.

As an aside, I've made arrangements to meet QC2 on Thursday and it just so happens that she is friends with MMBF (according to Facebook ) though I am unsure of the exact details. I might quiz QC2 and see what the score is there, too.

I'd said to DSC that I wasn't sure about the brunette as I wasn't feeling the chemistry the way I had in the past with others such as Date No. 1 or RB, but she suggested that it could be a slow burner because she thinks I am interested even if I don't recognise it myself.

I guess I'm not going to find out until after M and MM return.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...