Monday, August 22, 2011

The green-eyed monster.

MfW is away on a date tonight. I had to say that I'm more than a little jealous. Over the past few months he's met a fair few people for ummm... romantic liaisons. I don't know how he does it... he appears to be appalling at approaching people, with no sense of humour (well, to be honest, he has a bit, but he appears to be incapable of laughing at himself). Any time we're out, it's me that has to approach others. he tends to stand around necking Dutch courage and saying "right, we need to start talking to people" and ultimately not doing anything. It's a bit rich coming from him as he's the one who will wake up the next morning and proclaim the night out to be a disaster because he never got talking to someone. The last time I went out on the pull with with MfW successfully, he did a spectacular job of cock blocking me (Near Miss) simply because the other girl wasn't interested in him and coupled with his drunkenness, he managed to scare them both off.

Of course, there's more to it than just meeting women. Given that Recruitment Bird was the last girl I actually found myself really attracted to and that was 3 years ago, I am somewhat concerned about my ability to meet people. I know I've spoken of others recently - M's fiancé's friend, for example, but that's more of a case of I know that they're cute and single and kind of feel obliged to be interested in them.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...