Monday, October 23, 2006

?

Friday night was a weird night. I was out with E and we were having a good night. I was going to bring up the subject of her behaviour over the last couple of nights, but decided not to after we had a chat about various related matters. E admitted that the night of the BBQ, where I was pissed that she seemed to be trying to leave me behind at her friend’s house, she was actually trying to do a little match-making between me and her friend. In another piece of the conversation, E admitted that her feelings for the new bloke were very strong, perhaps stronger than she’d experienced before. Despite the fact that E considers us to be close, this is not the sort of thing she usually shares. I decided not to give her a hard time about it as she’s only going to be around for approximately another three weeks.

From the same night, whilst in the pub, we were seated beside a group of four women. I’d say they were probably around their mid-twenties. We got talking to them later in the evening and one of them asked outright if E and I were a couple. When we replied in the negative, there was lots of coo-ing and “but you look so comfortable together” and “you two should consider dating” and all that kind of jazz. It was kind of amusing, but also a bit weird and it never let up until the girls left the pub at closing time. I’d never considered how E and I appear to other people and I’ve always been wary about giving myself away during those times where I’m not entirely sure my relationship with E is platonic. Ah well, it was a fun night.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...